Grant Awards to help local community groups
Leigh-on-Sea Town Council were thrilled to support several local charities and community groups in their most recent round of grant applications.
The applications which were reviewed at a Finance and Governance Committee meeting on the 4th May, saw all the applicants receive funding. Groups can apply for up to £500, that can be awarded as either a grant or a bursary for room hire at Leigh Community Centre.
Funding was received by:
- The Hoy at Anchor Folk Club - £500 Bursary – to hold a celebratory concert for their 50th anniversary
- Phoenix Rangers - £330 grant – to relaunch their unit after COVID
- The Royal British Legion - Leigh-on-Sea Branch - £500 Bursary – to hold an afternoon tea in honour of the RBL’S centenary
- Lower Thames Rowing Club - £500 Bursary – to hold training sessions and meetings at Leigh Community Centre
- Four Oars Rowing Club - £500 Grant – to provide a seating area for
- Incredible Edible - £250 Grant – towards the cost of running and promoting their community vegetable plots and running workshops
- Southend in Sight - £500 Grant – to offer talk and support calls to visually impaired Leigh residents
If you are interested in applying for the next round of funding, please visit www.leighonseatowncouncil.gov.uk/grant-scheme for more information. Applications are due by 30th September 2021.