SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HIGH STREET
& FOOTPATH 60 (SEA WALL) LEIGH-ON-SEA
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14 (2)
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
EMERGENCY SUSPENSION DUE TO THE COVID19 PANDEMIC NOTICE 2020
The Council is satisfied that these restrictions are required owing to the danger to the public of gathering or promenading in groups on the affected roads or public open spaces following the advice of the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in respect of social distancing during the COVID19 (coronavirus) emergency.
1. SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate EMERGENCY SUSPENSION DUE TO THE COVID19 PANDEMIC; they have imposed a PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC in HIGH STREET LEIGH-ON-SEA
2. Whilst this NOTICE is in operation, all vehicles will be prohibited from:
1. From proceeding into High Street (Old Leigh by the Billet P/H) at the junction with Belton Bridge between the hours of 10:00am till 12:00am
This order will also;-
2. Prohibit any pedestrian from accessing Footpath 60 (Sea Wall) at any point.
3. Nothing in the Notice will apply to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a Police Constable in uniform or a Civil Enforcement Officer;
(c) any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Police or RNLI/Coastguard purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion, provided that conditions which prevail on site at any one time do not render it unsafe or impossible for such a vehicle or vehicles to use any part of the public highway for the time being; and
(d) any reasonable access requirements by local residents
4. These prohibitions or restrictions came into effect on 4th July 2020 between the hours of 10:00am till 12:00am. This NOTICE will remain in force for a period of 21 days or the duration of the works whichever is the earliest.
5. Whilst this section of High Street is closed, an alternative route for traffic will be marked on site and resident’s access will be maintained where possible.
6. The prohibitions or restrictions will apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the TRAFFIC SIGNS REGULATIONS AND GENERAL DIRECTIONS 2016
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction/prohibition imposed by this Notice may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and removed under the provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004
Executive Director Neighbourhoods and Environment
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex. SS2 6ER Dated: 2nd July 2020