Leigh-on-Sea Town Council Youth Forum For 11-18 year olds
Do you live in Leigh-on-sea and the immediate surrounding areas?
Do you want your voice heard about local issues and have the power to affect change?
Do you want to help organise fun events for the community?
Then come along and be part of the LEIGH-ON-SEA TOWN COUNCIL YOUTH FORUM.
To find out more about this please forward your name and contact details to:
Councillor Anita Forde
Mobile: 07786 023941
What can this Youth Forum do?
1. Give young people a voice and a say in their local area:
- Listen to what young people want and take action by speaking with the relevant services to make it happen
- Consult with young people about local transport services and lobby for improvements as necessary
- To involve young people in local consultations such as possible change to facilities in the open spaces of Leigh-on-sea
- To create links with the adult councillors of Leigh Town Council so we work together to get things done
2. To make a difference in our community:
- Improve young people’s employment opportunities by promoting volunteering
- Encourage young people to get more involved in activities in the community
- To create local volunteering opportunities for young people, particularly working with and befriending, elderly and disabled people
- To set up and run campaigns for better services including improved transport, youth provision etc
3. Challenge negative stereotypes of young people and raise the positive profile of young people:
- Promote positive activities and organise an annual Youth Event i.e. Youth Market
- To work alongside other young people’s groups and share experiences
- Support initiatives to make Leigh Town a safe area for young people